Movie-making training experiences…
JR. FILMMAKING SUMMER CAMP
Film camp for ages 10-13 to learn the filmmaker’s visual storytelling process with instructor and award-winning film director Katie Travis-Plaisted.
At Jr. Filmmaker’s Summer Camp we will be exploring the process of movie-making in 3 Acts! Act 1 kids will be introduced to what happens in Pre-Production – learning the art of a good story structure, how to write a visual story in a screenplay (script), and the steps of planning for your film shoot. Act 2 they will get to experience the fun Production process where they learn what the different crew members do on a movie set, experience the process of a film actor, and have the opportunity to create a short one minute movie as a group. Act 3 is the climax of the filmmaking process where the movie finally comes together in what is called Post-Production – where kids will get to see the steps a professional filmmaker takes to edit a movie and learn the importance of sound design in a fun hands-on foley and ADR session. Through visually engaging teaching, hands-on example games, and more, Jr. Filmmaker’s Summer Camp gives kids an opportunity to learn about this unique art form in a safe and fun environment, and gives them the starter tools they need for their movie-making dreams in the future! Sign up today as space is limited!
- DATE: July 15-17, 2019
- TIME: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- AGES: 10-13
- CLASS LIMIT: 5-15
- LOCATION: Church on the Hill (950 Trumble Street, Chaska, MN)
- PRICE: $90.00
- Is lunch provided? No, but there will be a snack break. Small snacks will be provided. If you choose for your child to bring their own snack with them, please NO nuts due to allergies.
- I registered my child but something came up and they will not be able to attend, can I get a refund? Yes, we will issue refunds until July 6, 2019. After that there will be no refunds.
- My child can only make two of the days, can they still register? Yes.
- My child can only make two of the days, can I get a discounted price? No.
- Will there be any movie clips shown during the camp? Only a few clips will be shown during the camp to give examples of what they are learning. However, all material will be under the MPAA rating of PG.
- Are parents allowed to be in the classroom? No, but you are welcome to wait in an adjoining room for your child.
- May I ask another question not listed here? Of course! Please email here and we will try to answer your question as soon as we are able.