Award winning short film director/producer, Katie Travis-Plaisted is providing the unique opportunity for homeschoolers grades 5-12 in the Twin Cities area to learn the ins and outs of professional filmmaking. Visit the links below to view academies offering such classes as “Jr. Filmmaking,” “Acting for the Camera,” “Story,” “Art of Filmmaking,” and “Technical Storytelling” under the instruction of Katie Travis-Plaisted for the upcoming school year.
FILM CAMPS & WORKSHOPS
- DATE: July 15-17, 2019
- TIME: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- AGES: 10-13
- CLASS LIMIT: 5-15
- LOCATION: Church on the Hill (950 Trumble Street, Chaska, MN)
- PRICE: $90.00
- Is lunch provided? No, but there will be a snack break. Small snacks will be provided. If you choose for your child to bring their own snack with them, please NO nuts due to allergies.
- I registered my child but something came up and they will not be able to attend, can I get a refund? Yes, we will issue refunds until July 6, 2019. After that there will be no refunds. My child can only make two of the days, can they still register? Yes.
- My child can only make two of the days, can I get a discounted price? No.
Will there be any movie clips shown during the camp? Only a few clips will be shown during the camp to give examples of what they are learning. However, all material will be under the MPAA rating of PG.
Are parents allowed to be in the classroom? No, but you are welcome to wait in an adjoining room for your child.
- May I ask another question not listed here? Of course! Please email here and we will try to answer your question as soon as we are able.
Film camp for ages 10-13 to learn the filmmaker’s visual storytelling process with instructor and award-winning film director Katie Travis-Plaisted.
At Jr. Filmmaker’s Summer Camp we will be exploring the process of movie-making in 3 Acts! Act 1 kids will be introduced to what happens in Pre-Production – learning the art of a good story structure, how to write a visual story in a screenplay (script), and the steps of planning for your film shoot. Act 2 they will get to experience the fun Production process where they learn what the different crew members do on a movie set, experience the process of a film actor, and have the opportunity to create a short one minute movie as a group. Act 3 is the climax of the filmmaking process where the movie finally comes together in what is called Post- Production – where kids will get to see the steps a professional filmmaker takes to edit a movie and learn the importance of sound design in a fun hands-on foley and ADR session. Through visually engaging teaching, hands-on example games, and more, Jr. Filmmaker’s Summer Camp gives kids an opportunity to learn about this unique art form in a safe and fun environment, and gives them the starter tools they need for their movie-making dreams in the future! Sign up today as space is limited!